The VERSANT® 440 Molecular System, the next generation bDNA instrument, combines clinically confident branched DNA (bDNA) chemistry with enhanced automation for an easy to use, robust and reliable method of performing HIV and hepatitis viral load monitoring on a single platform.
- bDNA technology simplifies testing. Eliminates extraction, reduces potential of cross-contamination as compared to PCR methods.
- Signal amplification methodology is designed to maximize accuracy while minimizing the impact of viral diversity.
- Integrated platform processes up to 168 patient samples per run.
- Minimal cost of operation through reduced consumables and hazardous waste.
- Excellent assay precision and high reproducibility allow accurate detection of patient viral load changes with confidence.
Designed for flexibility and reliability, the VERSANT® 440 Molecular System allows you to maximize productivity. This single-room viral load platform is designed with laboratory workflow in mind, minimizing contamination risk and maximizing space utilization. Advances in our walkaway automation results in minimizing your technologists’ interaction with the system. This means your resources will be able to focus on what’s important, instead of interrupting the assay run with reagent preparation and other tedious tasks.
The VERSANT 440 Molecular System uses proven bDNA technology, an accurate and precise viral load method that eliminates nucleic acid extraction steps, greatly reducing the risk of cross-contamination.
Branched DNA technology is a clinically confident and reliable technology. On the VERSANT 440 Molecular System,-bDNA delivers accurate, reliable results while maximizing productivity and minimizing costs. A true workhorse for molecular HIV and Hepatitis testing.
Leverage these unique benefits of the VERSANT 440 system:
Clinically Confident bDNA Technology
- bDNA technology (signal amplification) eliminates the need for nucleic acid extraction steps
- Lowers the risk of contamination vs. PCR methods
- Reliable assay performance
- FDA approved and CE marked viral-load assays for HIV and HCV; CE-marked assay for HBV
- Assays demonstrate excellent precision across the entire reporting range
- High level of reproducibility allows viral load changes to be detected with accuracy and confidence
Increased Productivity in Your Molecular Lab
- Single-room technology – streamlined workflow
- Minimizes operator intervention – operators set up instrument before initiating the run, then focus on other tasks
- Automated reagent preparation and delivery
- Bidirectional laboratory interface
- Platform processes up to 168 samples per run
- Fits anywhere in the lab and in any environment (no clean room required)
- Reduced overhead due to small footprint and conserved laboratory space requirements
- Minimal consumables and hazardous waste disposal costs
Ease of Use
- No extraction required
- Highly automated
- ELISA-like format is familiar to those new to molecular testing
|Dimensions:||24.2″ H x 59.7″ W x 31″ D (62 cm H x 152 cm W x 79 cm D)|
|Weight:||315 lbs. (159 kg)|
|Power Requirements||100-120 VAC±10%; 200-240 VAC±10%; 50/60 Hz; 600 VA maximum|
|Environment:||18-30°C; 24-80% relative humidity, non-condensing; 0-2000 m altitude|
|Integrated Computer:||Windows® XP Operating System|
|External UPS:||100-120 VAC, 1000 VA; 200-240 VAC, 1000 VA|